Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Amelia's Espresso and Panini

Amelia's Espresso and Panini: Amelia's is well-liked on Yelp, so today I hunted it down (near Jardis and Starbucks on Main). The owners are extremely nice. It's a small, clean, well-lit restaurant. Note, no computers allowed, so I didn't stay and work like I had been planning. The espresso was great, not bitter, but with that edginess and just a tiny bit of grounds at the bottom. The daily soup was lentil. I didn't try any but someone called ahead while I was there and reserved some because it was going to take them 30 minutes to get there and they were worried about it selling out. The meatball sub was very tasty: three large meatballs in a bell pepper laden sauce, with a leaf or two of basil. The sauce was midway between thick and smooth...nice and gloppy, with a bit of grease on top to make it a hearty experience. The bread was a ciabatta shaped like a bagel (no hole), and was covered in melted mozzarella. The side salad was fine. An enjoyable experience, this is a place I would be very happy to stop by were I in the area around lunchtime. I also picked up two pastries, both of which are made by the cafe: an all-butter croissant and a chocolate and cream pastry/croissant. The latter is an excellent flavor. Both are a bit the worse for being cold...they're not stale, but they aren't that perfect crispness/freshness. So obviously I need to go back when they're hot...as the owners invited me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment