Friday, September 4, 2009

Tandoor India and Schmerty's Cookies

Tandoor India: Had Indian food delivered. Yelp and Chowhound claim there's no good Indian food in LA, but this wasn't bad. Assorted hors d'oeuvres (pakoras were good), Chicken Tikka Masala (creamy, simple, mild), Saag Paneer (not enough paneer, a bit salty, nice spinach flavor), Roti, Paratha, Paneer Naan (shrug...salty and not a good texture mix), Raita (fine, I wish I had a gyro to go with it), rice, and hot indian tea (stay away, not worth drinking...it was watery and the spices were weak). We'll probably order from here again, though I wish there was a better option.

Schmerty's Gourmet Cookies: Not bad, they definitely taste fresh and "home made", not artificial. The chocolate chip in a chocolate cookie was lacking nuts...the nut (pecan?) cookie was lacking oomph. Anyway, they're fine and I wouldn't turn one down, but oh do I miss cookies of yore.

No comments:

Post a Comment