Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Banal Fail

Or maybe Huckleberry Fail, since this is a food blog.

Tried to stop by the Literati Cafe today, but didn't want to park in the valet lot and didn't want to risk getting towed due to parking at Ralph's nearby. Next time I may brave the valet, but it seems silly to pay $2.50 (?) plus tip just to park to get a coffee...food reviews seem mixed. Street parking is an option before 4pm...

Then stopped by Jack & Jill's and Read Food Daily Bakery. Jack & Jill's was closed...their menu says they're open from 11am until closing (it was close to 5pm). Real Food Daily's bakery had some cakes and a couple cookies, all of which looked pretty, but I didn't find any of it especially appealing. No bread, no pastries. They had a coffee machine, but I couldn't find coffee listed anywhere for purchase so I just walked out without buying anything. The menu for the restaurant looks interesting though, so I may be back sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment